Today I am celebrating turning 25! I am so blessed to even be here to begin with that I feel so strongly about making this year the best it can be.
The truth about how I really feel about my birthday? Completely overwhelmed.
Just the other day, I received some really bad news. Someone I knew who had gone through Toxic Epidermal Nercolysis Syndrome, like me, died unexpectedly. They were significantly older but I’m still in shock. Only two years I ago, someone my own age with the same diagnosis passed away in her sleep.
It’s been 7 years since it happened to me but I’m still scared for what the future holds. Everyday I wake up and I thank God that I’m still here – still pretty healthy – and still trying to make things work out for the best. Others patients have not been so lucky.
Why I Am Setting 25 Goals
Turning 25 after what happened is pretty amazing. Most people don’t make it past a few years. So this year I am really motivated to set 25 intentional goals that would not only make me happy, but leave a legacy and inspire others.
And to make sure I stay on track, I’m going to be sharing these goals with you and crossing them off as I go along. By next March, I should have all of these finished.
And If I don’t at least I tried and at least there was some accountability having them up for all to see. So without further ado….
1. Learn to fly a small plane – I would be the first visually impaired TENS survivor to do so!
2. Budget better
3. Start a YouTube channel
4. Write a script – A long time ago I wrote a short horror story I would like to turn into a script and direct it.
5. Do yoga daily
6. Write a book
7. Blog full time – I know The Petite Bijou is a source of inspiration for so many already. I want to help even more people by making this 100% my priority.
8. Consuming less dairy
9. Clean out my closet
10. Host a blogger meet up – I know so many wonderful bloggers in my area online only. I would love to host a blogger brunch and do a networking event. Are you in?
11. Travel internationally – I haven’t traveled since I was 16! Would love to visit the UK.
12. Launch an online course – Right now, I’m creating my online course that teaches bloggers how to pitch brands. Join the VIP waitlist here.
13. Host a charity benefit
14. Get rid of anxiety
15.Learn film photography
16. Start a food journal
17. See the Equinox at Cahokia Mounds – #archeaologynerd
18. Buy a Bike
19. Be an extra in a show – the theater kid in me never dies
20. Take a flower arranging class
21. Buy an antique fixer upper – and maybe keep it? Sell it? Who knows.
22. Downton Abbey marathon with friends – why haven’t I seen this yet?
23. Start a bussiness podcast
24. Learn German
25. Remain healthy and happy
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME – GIVEAWAY CLOSED
This week, I’m doing a special birthday giveaway week! To celebrate today and thank my readers, I’m giving away a $100 Nordstrom E-Gift Card to one lucky reader. There are so many gorgeous things to choose from at the store. All you have to do to enter is sign up for our email newsletter in the form below! If you’re already signed up, then you’re automatically entered! The giveaway will run until 4/1 at 12pm CST, after that a winner will be selected at random, Stay tuned for ANOTHER giveaway this week!
Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes and good luck with the giveaway!