A study in color
Not something you normally think about really, aside from the pilot Sherlock episode titled: A Study In Pink. One of my favorites, actually.
What is studying color really about anyway? Why should we care if one thing is blue or another pink?
Color is more than just the pigmentation of an object. It’s an expression of emotion and actions.
Pink, for example, is often thought of to be associated with femininity, tranquility, and excitement. It’s colorful (err….obviously) and playful.
So the art history geek in my likes to combine things into colors. Some can argue this is a bit OCD. But I like to think of it as setting up “themes”. I wanted to start of this “A Study In” series with Pink (a play on the name) and make it centered around beauty – since it’s the type of content I’d like to write more of!
1. MAC Powder Blush in LoveCloud – this blush was recommended to me by a makeup artist because it provided really great pigmentation that did not make me look like a painted doll. My face is very pale and this is the only blush that provides a super natural “pinkish” tone without making me look ridiculous.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Glow Shot Liquid Highlighter – I tried the other touch éclat highlighter and was kind of disappointed at how quickly it came off, but this pinkish one stayed on and provided some great shimmer to the tops of my cheekbones.
3. Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish in Couture Curator – aside from the gorgeous and glamorous name (isn’t it cute?) – this nail polish is a great choice for a brunch or celebration in spring. And since it’s gel, it’s sure to stay on.
4. Chanel Rouge Coco Moisturizing Glossimer in Douceur – I recommended this lip gloss to one of my readers back in March and she messaged me about it a few days ago saying she loved it so much, she got 7 of these for her bridesmaids! You know this lip gloss is amazing when you just HAVE to get it for your girlfriends.
5. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief – Although not a makeup product, this moisturizer has been my life line for a good 8 years now. The moment I put it on, my fall looks fuller and much smoother – and that says a lot considering I have a lot of scarring post SJS. Have you tried this yet?
6. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater – doesn’t it sound uber refreshing? Well it is! I used to make my own rosewater spray (it’s difficult) but this is my favorite store bought one. Leaves the skin really refreshed and relaxed.
7. MAC Pink Lip Kit – the ultimate study in pink, this pink lip kit is perfection! It has everything you need to pull off a lovely natural nude or pink lip look – complete with liner, lipstick, and a shiny gloss to put on top.
EXPLORE THE POST
What do you think about some of these beauty picks? Have you tried any of them before? Which one is your favorite? Leave a comment below and let’s chat PINK!